We love how gorgeous our rugs look especially if they are brand new; they add charm and warmth to just about any room in the house. However, they are prone to dust and dirt so that we need to clean them regularly. Oriental Rug Cleaning Boca Raton is one of the few companies that implements hand washing of rug in Boca Raton. We know that it is the ultimate method to care for delicate rugs.
If you wish to clean your rugs/ carpets at home, consider the following tips:
- Vacuum your rugs regularly at least 2 to 3 times a week to remove dust and dirt.
- Avoid conventional ways of cleaning rugs such as the traditional rug beating method.
- Do not vacuum the fringes or they will get damaged. Brush or comb them gently to untangle every strand.
- Flip it over and vacuum the back part of the rug as well.
- Not all shampoos and cleaners are advisable to be used in your rug, especially if your rug is made of wool. These shampoos are harmful and might leave soil residues once it dries.
- Some rugs are not safe to be washed, simply because they are too old or delicate. If this is the case, you can always do spot cleaning.
Spot cleaning can be done through the following procedures:
- Mix a regular detergent in water and place it in a spray bottle.
- Spray on the stained or dirty area of the rug.
- Leave it for at least 5 to 10 minutes depending on the severity of the stain.
- With white or clean wash cloth, dab it gently and repeat it until it is already clean. Never rub it; it may damage your rug.
- Place clean water in another spray bottle and spray it on the rug that was cleaned to rinse it.
- Dab a clean and dry wash cloth on the rug to remove excess water and dry it.
- Using a fan can speed up the process of drying.
- Spot cleaning must be done as soon as spill occurs. Letting it dry will make it harder to remove.
- You can also use mild dishwashing liquid in the absence of detergent.
Pet stain is another problem that needs proper hand washing of rug in Boca Raton. For pet stain and urine, you can follow these steps:
- Use a mixture of white vinegar and water and spray it on the affected area.
- This time you can use a rug brush and brush it gently.
- After the smell is gone, you can use a detergent to remove the stain and gently brush it.
- Spray with clean water and dab it with dry washcloth.
These are some easy ways of cleaning minor stains. However, if you can no longer manage to clean the stain and dirt, oriental rug cleaning boca raton is here to help you. With the assistance of our highly trained rug specialists, we perform hand washing of rug in Boca Raton with care just the way you want it. Our five-step cleaning method includes dusting, washing, soft water rinse, special drying process, and fringe cleaning. Furthermore, we do repair for damaged rugs. We give free estimate and free pickup and delivery for your convenience. Call us now.